Friday, March 30, 2007

Upcoming Schedule

After a couple days of posting about some bridge ideas, I think its time to post a little about where I'm going and what I plan to do with my blog.

Saturday and Sunday afternoon at 2:30 New York time, I am practising with my partner Warren Spector on BBO. Warren and I have planned to play the 2008 United States Bridge Championships together on a team with Joe Grue, Curtis Cheek, Fred Gitelman and Brad Moss. Over the next 15 months we will do as much practising as we can to prepare our partnership to play at a top level. As of right now we play a pretty simple 2/1 system as Warren is a rubber bridge player trying to adjust to a common tournament system. We have discussed playing a strong club, however right now we have decided to play this system because Warren is also playing on a team with Mike Becker in the Grand National Teams and justifiably doesn't want to juggle two different systems. A copy of our system will be posted on the blog if I can figure out how to do it.

Our match tomorrow (Saturday) will be against two young Israeli stars Eldad Ginossar and Ron Pachtman. It should be fun and challenging for us, I will do my best to post hands and discussion at the end of our session.

Other Schedule:
Next Week I am playing the whole Toronto Regional with my mom Hazel Wolpert, my brother Darren Wolpert and my wife Jenny Wolpert
Note: Saturday night April 7th the documentary on Vincent and I will be aired on CTV.
On Monday Morning April 9th we leave for the Gattlinburg, Tennessee regional, the biggest tournament of the year in North America. There I will partner Melanie Tucker, whom I play with quite a lot and our teammates are my friends John Hurd and Joel Wooldridge.
After 5 days of playing there Jenny and I will get on a plane to West Palm Beach Florida, where we will spend a week on the beach then play the last 3 days of the Ft. Lauderdale regional. After that I have nothing scheduled before the Cavendish teams and pairs where I will play with one of my best friends John Kranyak... its his first time playing the event, for those of you who have never played its one of the coolest events of the year... practically every pair you play has at least 1 world champion, really no experience like it.

OK that's it for now as my schedule pans out I will let you know where I'm going.

Just as a side note, I am not getting anything for doing this blog, I get a cut if you click that full tilt poker link at the bottom of the website and sign up and play... I assure you the site is 100% safe and you will enjoy your poker experience there.

No comments: